From Project Skyfire
This page contains information on MMaps which are now included in the Skyfire Core
What are MMaps?
- The Term "MMaps" is an abbreviation for "Movement Maps."
- Movement Maps essentially handle movement of creature path-finding and paths on a particular map.
What does all this mean?
In simple terms, this will prevent creatures and npcs from passing through the map (I.E. running through a hill, a tree, or a wall).
- MMaps load individual tiles for individual areas of each map. By doing so, it forces the creature movement on the maps to obey a set of rules.
- By establishing these "rules", it prevents creatures from passing through these "tiles", which creates the effect of creatures understanding their environmental surroundings.
- This also enforces LOS (Line of Site) when a creature is in combat.
As you can see, this is a very important addition to the Skyfire Core, as it enhances many aspects of overall game-play.
(These videos are for demonstration purpose only)