Installation Extract Mmaps
what are mmaps: mmaps is short for movement maps...
what this means in simple terms is it stops mobs and creatures from going through the walls,
and sticking to los (line of sight - collision maps).
videos are for demonstration purpose only.
1. [video example 1](http://www.youtube.com/embed/saTz9W-G2oU)
2. [video example 2](http://www.youtube.com/embed/xRtC36MqeIo)
3. [video example with playerbots (NYI)](http://www.youtube.com/embed/dC5-PD7KtRo)
4. [video example with mmaps disabled](http://www.youtube.com/embed/tCBau-YZNXE)
5. [video example with mmaps enabled](http://www.youtube.com/embed/4ACPlj5ZkYQ)
How extract mmaps. (mmaps2 branch)
- after you have everything built extract maps and dbc's the same as you always have.
- extract the vmaps and assemble as you always have. (save the Buildings dir this will be used later)
- in you BIN dir (server directory) *data/ dir (directory holding your maps and dbcs)
copy mmaps_extractor to this location,
- add the libmysql/ace.dll to *data dir. ( it is needed for mmaps_extractor to run)
- create an empty folder named mmaps. (this is where all generated mmaps tiles will go)
- now move everything from inside buildings directory into your vmaps folder...(*data/vmaps)
and run the mmaps_extractor...
- last step the easiest of all, just kick back with a movie, and wait til it finishes.
(Note: for some depending on your machine, this could be a very long wait).